Santa Cruz Permaculture is seeking a highly competent, outgoing, detail-oriented, and driven person to join our team as a Marketing & Communications Consultant. This position supports our courses and design work through digital and in-person marketing; communication with our instructors, students, and community partners; and coordination of logistics, research, report-writing, and mapping for our permaculture design clients.
An ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who is motivated and a team player. We’re looking for someone who can work independently but also maintain clear and consistent communication. Our hope is that this position is more than just a job but also an opportunity for someone to align their values with their work.
To read the job description as a Google Document, please visit http://tinyurl.com/scp-consultant
ABOUT SANTA CRUZ PERMACULTURE
Santa Cruz Permaculture, founded in 2016 in Santa Cruz, CA, provides community development, land stewardship, holistic education, and eco-social design services for a thriving, just and sustainable world. Learn more at https://santacruzpermaculture.com.
This position is primarily remote. This position is expected to attend and work on behalf of Santa Cruz Permaculture at the EcoFarm Conference (January 22-25, 2020 in Pacific Grove, CA) and the National Bioneers Conference (October 15-18, 2020 in San Rafael, CA).
This is a 10-month independent contractor position (January-October 2020) with the possibility of continued work beyond the initial contract. This not an employee position. Read about the difference: https://bit.ly/2PGBQvN
- Post content on social media
- Respond to inquiries
- Create email newsletters
- Write and edit articles for the Santa Cruz Permaculture blog
- Plan and coordinate outreach strategy for tabling events
- Create flyers, social media graphics, and advertisements, and manage distribution
- Update Santa Cruz Permaculture website as requested
- Monitor and run quarterly analytics
- Communicate with instructors
- Communicate course logistics to current and prospective students
PERMACULTURE DESIGN WORK
- Communicate with prospective and current design clients
- Conduct research and compile reports in coordination with other designers
- Create maps and design drawings in coordination with other designers
- Organize and maintain database of photos, videos, and other digital files
- Regular Zoom or phone meetings with Santa Cruz Permaculture team members
- Other tasks and projects as agreed upon by both parties
- Completed a Permaculture Design Certificate course
- Familiarity with ecological and social problems/solutions of our times
- Strong organizational, communication and collaboration skills
- High level of attention to detail and time management
- Dependable with thorough follow through
- Ability to receive and willingly integrate constructive feedback
- Ability to work within a team and with a high level of autonomy
- Strong computer skills (email, Google Apps, video conferencing, social media, etc.)
- Experience creating digital flyers and graphics
- Available to attend the EcoFarm Conference and the National Bioneers Conference
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing, literature, environmental studies, etc.)
- Experience creating and running print and social media ads
- Permaculture design and mapping experience (beyond initial PDC course)
- Experience using Mailchimp to create e-newsletters
HOURS & PAY
This position is 5-10 hours/week during the training period of January 13 - March 13, then 15-25 hours/week from March 14 - October 16. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume/CV and cover letter to Melissa Ott Fant at greenbeangal[at]gmail[dot]com. Please include your PDC instructor and date of certification. In your cover letter, please discuss:
- Where you heard about the position
- Why you are interested in and uniquely qualified for this position
- How this position aligns with your values and long-term goals
Applications will be accepted through Friday, November 15, 2019. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.