This is a unique opportunity for individuals curious about farming who are looking to gain experience on a small vegetable farm.
Farm Description: Skyline Farm is a 1.5+ acre production vegetable farm growing exclusively for Meriwether’s Restaurant using organic practices. The farm is located northwest of Portland, OR on NW Skyline Blvd near Cornelius Pass Rd. We are a farm crew of four during the main season. We are energetic, entertaining, hard-working folks.
Dates: Position requires a commitment starting the beginning of May and running through the end of September.
Schedule: The position is part time – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are the required work days. Work starts between 7-8am and ends between 5-6 pm. We take a mid-morning break and a lunch. During June-September we generally work around 10 hours per day.
- Harvesting a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, and flowers
- Fieldwork (seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigating, trapping, etc.)
- Washing and packing produce
- Propagating plants in the greenhouse
- Animal care (llamas and goats) including mucking stalls
- Other duties as assigned
- One year of production farm experience or strong work ethic with previous experience in outdoor/manual labor
- Responsible and reliable
- Efficient and hard-working
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to give and recieve constructive criticism
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Observant and inquisitive
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work well alone and with others
- Must be available for an in-person interview
To apply: Send brief cover letter, three professional references, and resume to Leana Phillips, Farm Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in your cover letter why you are interested in the position and what you feel you could contribute to the farm crew.
Application deadline: Open until filled.