Uniquely situated on Oak Creek, in the heart of Oak Creek Canyon 8 miles north of Sedona, Orchard Canyon on Oak Creek Lodge is a place where magical moments happen. Because of the remote, tranquil nature of our surroundings, our historic resort provides an opportunity for people to escape and relax in an environment surrounded by beautiful grounds, an orchard and garden. Our three-acre heirloom orchard preserves the tradition of Oak Creek apples, and our garden provides fresh vegetables, herbs and flowers for the farm-to-table restaurant. The orchard and garden are paramount to the guest experience. While not officially certified organic, we follow organic farming standards and practices. We are looking for the right person to be a Seasonal Landscaper, caring for perennial flower beds and lawns on our beautiful property. The position will be supervised by the Garden Manager but will also include the need to work independently and manage and report back on assigned tasks.
The Seasonal Landscaper position will include the following activities depending on season:
• Lawn care including irrigating, fertilizing, mowing, and weed eating
• Irrigation of grounds, including lawns and perennial flower beds. Regular efficiency checks and adjustments, repairs, upgrades to watering systems.
• Help maintain irrigation ditch, filters and pump system operation
• Assist Garden Manager with chicken care and egg collecting, including routine coop cleaning, care, and material restocking
• Preparation and installation of landscape plants
• Help make weekly flower arrangements for the dining room
• Routine landscape pruning, periodic maintenance tree trimming and shrub pruning
• Assist Garden Manager with garden irrigation, planting, care, and harvesting as needed.
• Assist Garden Manager with greenhouse watering
• Prepare grounds for weddings and events
Applicant should have a minimum of 2 years experience with gardening and/or grounds care including seasonal lawn care and perennial and ornamental plant knowledge and pruning. Skill proficiency in gardening, irrigation, and general lawn care equipment use and maintenance. Light construction and basic farm McGiver skills are a plus.
Applicant should have excellent communication skills to interact with public and guests and interpersonal skills to function as part of a team.
Applicant should be self-motivated, hard working, eager to learn, have excellent people skills, great multi-tasker, and be in good physical condition. Ability to perform certain tasks such as heavy lifting (over 50#), repetitive grasping, standing, bending, and walking (No applicant will be rejected because of a condition or impairment that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of work.)
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the following information:
-Position you are applying for
-Relevant past work experience, including specific responsibilities and duties, especially related to the position you are applying for
-Your goals relating to agriculture/horticulture
-Other related skills (ie: carpentry, equipment repair and maintenance, plumbing, etc...)
open until filled