Apricot Lane Farms is a 214-acre organic and biodynamic farm located 40 miles north of Los Angeles and 20 miles east of Ventura in Moorpark, CA. We are looking for an experienced and savvy marketing & PR professional to help lead our Marketing & Communications Team full time. The Sr. Manager of Marketing & Communications will be responsible for developing and owning the overall creative direction & strategy of all marketing & external communications of the farm to grow the farm’s brand and propel the ALF story into the world in a meaningful way. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned marketing/PR professional, proven leader, big thinker, extremely media savvy, have exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills, and be able to effectively manage a team. Applicants with entertainment-based media relations experience is a plus.
Social Media & Marketing: Help develop strategy, and steer & guide creative for all outward facing communications in the farm’s voice and aesthetics that reflects a deep understanding of agroecology, regenerative farming, nourished cooking, and the ALF brand –including writing, upholding the branding & aesthetics of marketing campaigns, website, social media, eblasts, newsletters, tour & event offerings, and any other outward facing communications.
o Social Media: Lead and oversee overall social media strategy across all channels (with the support of a strong social media manager), drive goal setting, analytics, and reporting, providing creative direction, calendar and planning guidance, and content editing & writing as needed
o Website: Manage the overall vision and content strategy of the farms’ website, including working with Communications Manager to track/review metrics, write/update text and provide direction and guidance on overall aesthetics, messaging.
o E-Marketing: Manage internal and external email communications, including content generation, writing, editing and design
o Marketing Materials: Oversee the direction, messaging and strategy of all print & digital marketing and press materials (including press kits, one-sheets, etc.)
o Events: Collaborate with internal team to help facilitate and market on-farm events and tours
• Media Relations – Manage farm media relations and partnership opportunities, including evaluating actionable opportunities, developing recommendations for ideal placements/opportunities and pitching stories as appropriate. Measure and track exposure and analytics.
• Product Branding & Merchandise – Create and manage strategy for new product launches (from conception to initial launch, including both food-based products and farm merchandise), ongoing product marketing, and merchandise design and development in collaboration with Sales Director and Fulfillment Coordinator.
• Management & Admin - Manage with leadership, clarity and cohesiveness, a team of at least three members, including Marketing & Communications Manager, Photographer & Digital Media Coordinator, and Marketing & Communications Assistant. Plus manage dept cost reporting, and assist where needed with company internal communication.
• Special Projects - Project manage any special projects, as directed by farm leadership.
BA in communications, journalism, media studies, English, , or related field preferred
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in the field of media/marketing/branding, creative writing/journalism, and/or environmental communications
• Applicants with entertainment-based media relations experience, vetting and overseeing press inquiries and interactions a plus.
• Prior management experience and proven ability to lead a team or department
• Ability to manage department budgets, profitability goals for projects and products
• Mature, refined instincts for what makes a good story, and how to communicate that effectively to our audience
• Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills, and proven experience leading out-of-the-box creative campaigns
• Attention to detail and accuracy in work; strong time management and organizational skills
• Able to take direction, as well as work independently
• Flexible, able to navigate complexity and ambiguity, and creatively problem solve and manage multiple priorities
• Team player and excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft and Google Suites. Proficiency in WordPress, Adobe In-Design and/or Photoshop is ideal.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com