Join the California FarmLink team to support the prosperity of California farmers and ranchers, ensure equitable access to economic opportunity, and support environmental stewardship and vibrant local food systems. This position plays a key role in supporting the educational activities of FarmLink’s Land Access and Farm Business Education Program (LAFBE). This is a non-exempt fulltime position at 40 hours per week.
FarmLink’s LAFBE programs are:
● Resilience – an English-language farm business education program
● Wealth Building (La Resiliencia y La Prosperidad) – a Spanish-language farm business education program
● Equity and Conservation on Working Lands – a bilingual program for land access, succession, and conservation
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Program Manager, Wealth Building & Resilience
Primary Office: Remote or in office with regular travel to Sacramento and Santa Cruz
Salary: Salary range is $50,000 - $70,000 commensurate with experience.
● Support Program Managers in promoting, recruiting, and partnership-building for educational
● Support Program Managers with organization and management of LAFBE programs.
● Support the maintenance and development of educational resources including applications
and forms, recorded webinars, published written materials, templates and worksheets to
support client learning and access to programs, in English and Spanish.
● Work closely with the Communications Department to ensure these materials are functioning
as intended on our website and to support ongoing messaging about the availability of these
● Support farm businesses with technical support and online application and form submission.
● Attend and support facilitation of virtual, in person, and hybrid group educational programs and
workshops, including three established multi-week and multi-month educational programs, and
a variety of specialized follow-up workshops and advanced educational offerings (this will
include travel to some classes.)
● Assist farm businesses with accessing LAFBE programs, program incentives, technical
assistance and referrals.
● Assist with creating client stories and blog posts to share with funders and the public.
● Support FarmLink’s Business Skills Advisor in delivery of one-on-one technical assistance to
● Support Program Manager with data management, evaluation of, and reporting on LAFBE
● Support the Equity & Conservation on Working Lands Program with lease building services
and land linking as directed.
● Support with English and Spanish translations of educational resources.
Applicants who do not meet all of the qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
● AA in business administration, or a Bachelors in business, agriculture, community
development, planning, agronomy, environmental studies or other related field, or the
equivalent combination of education and work experience.
● Highly organized and self-directed problem-solver able to create timelines and
structure while remaining flexible and adaptive.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working with people of varied cultural
backgrounds including those with English as a second language.
● Ability to clearly communicate the written and spoken word with tact, diplomacy, and/or
authority fluently in English and Spanish.
● Familiarity with agriculture, agricultural/small business lending, US Department of
Agriculture programs, and/or community development finance experience a plus.
● Knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel and Google Suite tools. Knowledge and
experience using CRM software (i.e. Salesforce) a plus.
Please use the subject line “LAFBE Senior Associate” to email a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and organization with your resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. Posted September 19th with an anticipated start date of December 1st, 2022.
California FarmLink offers a generous benefits plan, including health insurance after 30-60 days
(depending on start date), employer contribution to 403b retirement plan, paid vacation, and a familyfriendly and flexible work environment. California FarmLink maintains a drug-free workplace and is an
equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates that represent the diversity of the communities
we serve, and strongly encourage you to apply.