Full job description: https://santacruzpermaculture.com/2021/05/santa-cruz-permaculture-is-hir...
Santa Cruz Permaculture is seeking a highly competent, outgoing, detail-oriented, and driven person to join our team as a Marketing & Communications Consultant. This position supports our courses through digital marketing, including social media (primarily Facebook and Instagram), e-newsletters, online advertisements (Google Ads, Facebook and Instagram Ads), graphics and flyers, and more.
An ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who is motivated and a team player. We’re looking for someone who can work independently but also maintain clear and consistent communication. Our hope is that this position is more than just a job but also an opportunity for someone to align their values with their work.
About Santa Cruz Permaculture
Santa Cruz Permaculture provides community development, land stewardship, holistic education, and eco-social design services for a thriving, just and sustainable world. We teach courses on topics such as permaculture design, permaculture food forestry, herbalism, and more. We also offer permaculture consultations and landscape design services. We produce organic dried persimmons (Hoshigaki), heritage and antique fruit trees, and other agricultural products. Learn more at santacruzpermaculture.com.
This position is primarily remote. Santa Cruz Permaculture is based in Santa Cruz, California and our target audience is the greater San Francisco Bay Area & Monterey Bay Area.
This is a 6-month independent contractor position (June 7 - December 15, 2020) with the possibility of continued work beyond the initial contract. This is not an employee position. (What’s the difference?: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQ210YKHdX5NIpTeAu4ZsYA39bxeADXyoMYH...)
Hours and Pay
This position is 5-10 hours/week. Hourly rate is $15-25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Marketing - Core Duties
- Post content on social media on a consistent basis as part of an overall marketing strategy
- Create email newsletters
- Create flyers and social media graphics, and manage distribution
- Create and manage PPC and social media ads
- Monitor and generate quarterly analytics
- Copywriting for all marketing materials
- Regular Zoom or phone meetings with Santa Cruz Permaculture team members
- Other tasks and projects as agreed upon by both parties
- Experience managing social media marketing plans and posting content to social media
- Strong organizational, communication, and collaboration skills
- High level of attention to detail and time management
- Dependable with thorough follow through
- Ability to receive and willingly integrate constructive feedback
- Ability to work within a team and with a high level of autonomy
- Strong computer skills (email, Google Apps, video conferencing, etc.)
- Experience creating digital flyers and graphics
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing, communications, etc.)
- Familiarity with ecological and social problems/solutions of our times
- Experience creating and running print and social media ads
- Experience using Mailchimp to create e-newsletters
- Experience managing Youtube channel and supporting the creation of new promotional videos
Please send a resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please discuss:
1. Which position(s) you are applying for (see both open positions here: https://santacruzpermaculture.com/2021/05/santa-cruz-permaculture-is-hir...)
2. Why you are interested in and uniquely qualified for this position
3. How this position aligns with your values and long-term goals
Apply by May 28. Please note this position begins in June 2021.