Want a job that improves the environment, offers advancement opportunities and pays well? You need to learn more about SymSoil.
SymSoil is an evidenced-based soil health company and leader in development of biological soil amendments for agriculture. The company provides products and services that restore the microbes that provide the right food to plant roots, improving plant health, and making food more nutrient dense and flavorful, the way nature intended.
SymSoil was named one of 2019’s AgTech Companies to Watch and is considered the most innovative company in the sector.
We provide on-farm composting services and consulting to farmers moving towards organic and regenerative processes. The work is challenging, but there are emotional rewards for making the world a better place and working with smart people. Our team members combine book learning with experience to develop a valuable skill and advance into well paid jobs.
We anticipate having a facility in several areas before year end and are seeking experienced people to join the team, with training in Northern California during August and September.
The SymSoil team has 35 years of experience improving soil, closing the biological and ecological gaps left by conventional agriculture. Our team was inspired by Dr Elaine Ingham, and has trained in Korean Natural Farming (KNF), Soil Food Web, Permaculture, other composting traditions and working with biochar. Our flagship product, SymSoil® RC (Robust Compost) is a complex community of soil microbes, which includes in excess of 2,000 species, covering broad biodiversity of bacteria, fungi, amoebae, and other protozoa, beneficial nematodes and microarthropods.
As we expand, we are seeking energetic and enthusiastic people in sales, composting and/or with experience in organic farming. Formal training in Soil Food Web or other biologically active composting techniques is helpful, but not required.
• Passion for soil health and organic methodologies required
• Basic knowledge of organic farming and composting methods required
• Good driving record with valid California drivers license and reliable transportation
• Personable team player who is able to work independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Detail Oriented Individual
• Previous experience in composting (Soil Food Web or Korean Natural Farming ) or sales (agricultural sales experience) with connections to farming is required for team leaders
• Geographical knowledge of California agriculture and/or nurseries and indoor agriculture preferred
• Bachelor's degree in agricultural or biological science or certification in Permaculture Design, Soil Food Web or KNF is important
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management software, such as Zoho, is a plus
Today, we are looking for people with expertise, but in 60 days, we will also be seeking those who are seeking training and experience experience. This is a career path in soil health and microbiology.