Maintain organizational and program financial record keeping, including general ledger bookkeeping, accounts
receivable, accounts payable, financial reporting and audit preparation. Provide information and reports as needed to
the Senior Accountant.
● Accounts Payable – Receive all invoices, code to proper expense and job, enter into Bill.com, notify Senior
Accountant that invoices are ready to be paid. Communicate with vendors if any discrepancies occur and
● Accounts Receivable – Post all loan payments and assist reconciling balances with the loan department.
● Bank Deposits – Make deposits on a weekly basis and store copies of loan fund checks.
● Bank Reconciliations – Assist with reconciliation of all bank statements, scan and file.
● End of Month Entries – Include but not limited to: expense prepaids, interest and depreciation entries and
schedules. Ensure all expenses that apply to the month are posted.
● Compliance Calendar - Maintain monthly compliance calendar for interest payments, funder reporting, and
● Invoicing – Assist with invoicing all grants on a quarterly or monthly basis.
● Audit – Assist with preparation for yearly audit.
● Contractors – Maintain W-9s for all contractors and contracts for all consultants/contractors. Prepare
1099’s and 1096 for review.
● Documentation - Ensure all documentation is filed within accounting department requirements and made
available to staff as needed for key organizational documents.
● Perform all reasonable duties as assigned.
ORGANIZATION EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
● Outline and execute individual performance goals aligned to FarmLink strategic plan.
● Adhere to FarmLink policies and procedures.
● Perform duties as workload necessitates.
● Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
● Communicate regularly with supervisor.
● Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
● Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
● Meet productivity standards set with supervisor.
● Continually assess organizational resources, processes, systems and services to increase operational
efficiency / effectiveness
● Excellent financial system management experience including QuickBooks and Excel
● Strong demonstrated success managing a nonprofit organization’s bookkeeping using Quickbooks
● At least two years of non-profit financial experience and five years of accounting experience managing and
closing books on a monthly basis
● Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working with people of varied cultural backgrounds and English as
second language users
● Ability to write and edit effectively
● Ability to communicate the written and spoken work with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary
● Good organizational skills, well disciplined, and able to meet deadlines, self starter
● Ability to work under pressure with many priorities and deadlines; effective problem solver
● Minimum BS in Accounting (or equivalent experience), Business Administration, Finance or other related
How To Apply Please email a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and organization with
resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.