The Staff Director (SD) works with all staff, contractors and volunteers to continuously improve operational efficiency and organizational effectiveness. Key responsibilities will include administrative, financial and strategic support for staff and the Board of Directors, office and data management and reporting, donor retention and appreciation, volunteer engagement and management, and website and social media content management. The SD reports to the Executive Director (ED) managing projects, supporting people, and acts as a trusted business advisor.
The SD must excel at building relationships, demonstrate exceptional communication skills, and be highly skilled at managing complex workflows while organizing multiple priorities. They must be a strategic thinker that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with highly motivated, reliable, professionals that have a strong drive to create lasting positive impact for the community.
Full job description: https://sierraharvest.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Staff-Director-2_20...
Executive Director support:
• Act as the leadership team’s right-hand, entrusted with the highest level of visionary and confidential information.
• Be the ED and Associate Directors’ strategic partner and sounding board to advance the mission and vision of the organization.
• Support the ED with their weekly tasks including managing their calendar, scheduling and confirming meetings, making travel arrangements, and sending communications on behalf of ED.
• Provide support to leadership team based on weekly meetings anticipating their needs for operations, donor, and program support.
• Build trusted relationships with donors, assisting them and the ED with meeting their philanthropic goals.
• Research new business concepts, stay abreast of industry trends and develop mini white papers to summarize opportunities for ED and BOD.
Staff and Finance support:
• Provide advice and insight to staff resulting in enhanced collaboration, efficiencies, and program impact.
• Respond to program managers’ requests for administrative assistance.
• Assist staff with event management needs, answering phones, helping customers with event registration, transporting supplies, etc.
• Manage the Accounts Receivable collections, enter deposits into Quickbooks, & reconcile accounts monthly. Training available to become self-sufficient with this task.
Board of Directors support
• Schedule meetings for all board activities
• Prepare for Board meetings by drafting agenda and monthly ED report to the board, and acquiring documents needed for Board packet.
• Attend board and some committee meetings, sending out reminders, taking minutes, and following up with board members to support their action steps.
• Support board development committee with new board member recruitment and orientation, annual board retreat, and self-evaluation survey.
• Create meaningful relationships with donors.
• Manage the donor database, including adding new contacts, donations, events, tracking codes, and utilize it to create filters, generate reports, track event attendance, etc.
• Manage donor appreciation and retention process for donors under $499/year.
• Recruit and orient all SH volunteers, coordinating with program managers to ensure that all volunteer needs are met & that all hours are tracked in database.
• Train and supervise office volunteers.
• Produce annual volunteer recognition event.
• Administer annual volunteer survey, summarize and present findings, and implement program improvements.
• Collaborate with staff to create internal and external marketing materials to promote events and programs and engage target audiences.
• Organize and maintain relevant content on SH website.
• Schedule public speaking opportunities and prepare PowerPoint presentations and speaking engagement materials for Executive and Associate Directors.
• Respond to inquiries or forward to appropriate staff the organizations general email inbox (info@).
• Grow a social media presence that encourages two-way communication amongst our partners, donors, and the community at large.
• Customer service: Answer phones, greet people who come to the office and create a welcoming atmosphere.
• Perform general office administrative and clerical duties such as maintaining a professional looking, clutter-free office, ordering, storing, and organizing all office supplies, and managing incoming and outgoing letters and packages.
• Run business errands.
• Keep organizational graphics up to date as needed (organizational chart, wish list, yearly calendar and event handbills, etc.) and keep dropbox folders organized for administrative areas.
• Technical troubleshooting with both hardware and software.
• Demonstrated ability to support senior leadership as a strategic thinker, trusted advisor and project manager
• Proven record of building relationships, gaining mutual admiration, trust and respect
• Skilled at building cohesive team environments, developing processes and procedures, and managing multiple strategic or administrative projects simultaneously
• Proactive problem solver anticipating the needs of leadership and program staff
• Professional, organized, detail oriented, quick learner
• Extensive experience with database use and management.
• Proficiency with software including Microsoft office suite, Survey Monkey, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Drobox, DonorPerfect (or similar donor management software), Constant Contact (or similar email campaign software), and Eventbrite. Quickbooks or basic bookkeeping experience a plus.
• Ability to multi-task showing a solid understanding of how to manage competing priorities and communicate status of tasks
• Flexibility and ability to respond promptly to immediate needs and requests
• Superior time management, prioritization and follow through
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Observant and self-motivated
• Enthusiastic, Approachable
• Ability to work independently as well as in team environments
• Strong initiative and commitment to Sierra Harvest mission
• Knowledge of local food, farm and gardening resources a plus
• Spanish language proficiency a plus
• If you do not meet all of the job skills or qualifications, please tell us why you might be a good fit anyway.
This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Staff Director Application” in the subject line.
Communications and social media samples may be requested during the interview process.