Experienced produce-food industry industry professional to manage purchasing for the Ooooby, wholesale and commercial kitchen operations. The position will coordinate the purchase and aggregation of produce and other products from farmers, ranchers, artisans and other food suppliers. The position will supervise the Ooooby packing team and drivers, and coordinate the Company’s logistics including routing and scheduling both inbound and outbound. The position will be responsible for quality assurance on all products that ship from our facilities.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 year’s supervisory and produce industry experience. The candidate will also have contacts with area farmers, ranchers, artisans and other food suppliers that have the potential to become new vendors to the Company. This position reports to the Senior Wholesale Purchasing and Sales Manager of the Company.
1. Build relationships with local and regional growers, artisans, and other food suppliers and representing the organization in purchase negotiations.
2. Place supply orders and set Ooooby box contents each week to offer fresh, diverse, and highest quality affordable produce.
3. Place supply orders for wholesale products and Ooooby box “add-ons”.
4. Verify produce received matches order in quantity and quality. Become well versed in standard produce packs, sizing, and ratings.
5. Lead quality control by personally and frequently verifying that customers are receiving the best quality produce.
6. Publish box and produce availability to customers.
7. Manage logistics in-out of the facilities(s) including routing, scheduling
8. Supervise the produce packing team and drivers.
9. Performance evaluation and goal setting for the packing team and drivers.
10. Participate in programs, projects and collaborations to increase the value of local food and farm products bought and sold within the region.
a. Minimum 3 years produce-food industry purchasing or sales experience
b. Minimum 1 years supervisory experience
c. Experience with ecommerce platforms such as Local Orbit
d. Proven record of performance and meeting goals
e. High school diploma or G.E.D.; some post-secondary education preferred
f. Experience and familiarity with accounting and financial reporting software
g. Ability to speak and read Spanish is a plus
h. Valid driver’s license require
Email email@example.com with cover letter and resume.
Salary range $35,000-$40,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Annually (5) days paid time off, plus holidays and sick days
This is a Full-Time position based on (40) hours per week. No overtime will be paid.