Measure to Improve (MTI) is currently seeking a Sustainability Program Associate to contribute to the next phase of our growth. As a woman-owned consultancy, MTI has become the fresh produce industry’s go-to experts for sustainability. Leverage your experience and passion to support our clients in reaching their ambitious sustainability goals.
The Sustainability Program Associate will start by supporting our clients’ zero waste and sustainable packaging programs. As Associate, you will plan, design, implement, and evaluate projects to achieve zero waste and improve packaging sustainability for produce companies, including growers, packers, shippers, and processors. This role will work closely with MTI's Sustainability Program Managers and customers. With experience, Associates will learn about and contribute to a wide variety of sustainability programs. Find your opportunity to grow with us!
About Measure to Improve, LLC:
Founded in 2014, Measure to Improve’s mission is to help produce companies measure, improve, and credibly promote their sustainability efforts. Our clients include produce growers, packers, shippers, and industry associations across the United States. Our staff has a proven track record of helping companies identify and implement strategies to increase efficiency. By supporting clients in setting ambitious, but attainable, sustainability goals, MTI encourages progress that can be validated and marketed. MTI’s projects address a variety of sustainability challenges, including water, energy, greenhouse gas emissions, social accountability, sustainability certifications, sustainable packaging, food loss, and waste.
• Work with clients to collect and manage large quantities of sustainability-related data
• Analyze data to understand environmental impacts and trends, to inform corporate policy and protocol changes, and set goals
• Support client’s internal/external sustainability communications and reporting
• Develop and conduct employee trainings on waste and packaging-related topics
• Participate in visual and physical waste audits on farms, in processing facilities, and in offices
• Work with packaging vendors to gather sustainability characteristics packaging components
• Provide support for client teams, including preparing agendas and presentations and conducting follow-up activities
• Develop progress reports for clients.
• Bachelor’s degree or advanced education/training equivalent in sustainability, environmental studies, business, data management or related field
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a TRUE Advisor Certificate within 90 days of employment
• Passionate about the agricultural industry, fresh produce, and sustainability
• Prior experience with waste, packaging, sustainability programs, and agriculture highly desired
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Strong quantitative and data analysis skills required, including the ability to collect, sort, and identify trends in large data sets
• Strong project management skills and high attention to detail required
• Ability to be flexible and to balance a variety of tasks at the same time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable in a collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to work in different settings: in the office, field, and in processing facilities
• Valid driver’s license
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume describing your interest in and qualifications for this position to KieranF@measuretoimprovellc.com with the subject line Sustainability Program Associate– YOUR NAME. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.