The Research and Education Coordinator will work closely with the Education and Research Program Associate to administer OFRF’s grant program, host our annual research forum, compile and analyze data, and develop research-based educational materials for organic farmers. This is a six- to nine-month temporary, part-time position with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
Support OFRF research and education programmatic work
• Assist with data collection during farmer surveys.
• Support farmer outreach.
• Conduct background research for blogs and webinars.
• Assist in the creation of an online course and other resources for organic farmers.
Coordination of annual OFRF research forum
• Assist with the planning of the annual research forum.
• Coordinate forum presenters and scholarships.
• Assist with the development of the forum agenda and promotional materials.
Administration of OFRF research grant program
• Compile grant application materials and organize proposal review scores.
• Communicate with grant applicants.
• Track and report on payments to grantees.
• Assist with development of grant contracts.
• Collaborate with the communications manager to organize final reports for grants.
Other duties as assigned
· Interest in and knowledge of organic systems
· Experience with data entry and organization
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
· Familiarity working with collaborative platforms, such as Dropbox and Google Drive
· Experience with event coordination and planning
· Experience working with Canvas is a plus
· Experience with videography and film editing is a plus
Submit your complete packet with “Part-time Research and Education Coordinator” in the subject line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants should submit:
• A cover letter stating your interest and qualifications.
• A resumé outlining your skills and experience.
Please visit www.ofrf.org to learn more about the Organic Farming Research Foundation. Organic Farming Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.