Tend is the first software platform of its kind with powerful tools for managing a small scale diversified farm. Tend utilizes advanced data analytics and a cloud-based platform to enable farmers to crop plan, keep records, manage daily operations, track sales, and bring their farm business online. Read more about us at www.tend.com.
As Tend’s Sales Development Representative, you will be working to develop new customer relationships with thousands of small-scale farmers across the globe, playing a pivotal role in changing our food system for the better. Your success will expand Tend’s global reach- helping thousands of farmers successfully run diversified, sustainable operations- while simultaneously growing your sales career at an innovative, rapidly growing company in the ag-tech space. We have a great product, an impressive following of loyal customers and we are now looking to rapidly scale the business. You’ll be on the ground level of shaping successful sales initiatives, developing our sales strategies, and establishing partners in markets around the world. We are looking for someone who exudes enthusiasm for our product and is passionate about sustainable, diversified food systems and our mission to improve the lives of small-scale farmers. As a Sales Representative joining our team, you'll have a direct impact on the growth of Tend by managing our inbound leads and identifying potential sales qualified opportunities with an emphasis on driving outbound activities.In addition, you will refine our sales prospecting techniques. You will be seeing these customers through the whole sales process, so you will become very familiar with the customer life-cycle. This role reports to the Director of Product, Customer Experience and Growth. This is a remote role.
WHO YOU ARE
To be seriously considered for this role, please have the following in regard to:
• Experience: At least 3 years in a similar role with comparable goals and responsibilities (farming and/or agricultural related background, strongly preferred)
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
• Skills: B2B sales experience or software sales experience with a track record of generating your own pipeline. Excellent communication skills (listening, written, and verbal), as well as strong interpersonal skills. Experience using CRM sales tools to manage a pipeline. Prior experience as a sales development rep with a track record of achieving sales quotes. Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
• Characteristics: This is an autonomous position, so you should be self-sufficient, self-motivated, and self-initiated. You are an empathetic, genuine, and curious person. You are a leader who demonstrates flexibility, resilience to setbacks and can drive the long-term vision to maintain course within a constantly changing environment. You are goal-oriented and driven, demonstrating independence in action and decision making. You have good interpersonal communication, problem-solving and influencing skills. You actively use creativity and innovation to overcome roadblocks. You possess a hunger for personal development and are coachable.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As Sales Development Representative, you’ll meet the initiative’s strategic needs on your own, experimenting, learning, and adjusting as you go. Along your journey to grow our brand’s audience and reach, you’ll be responsible for:
• Representing Tend’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding & leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
• Pursuing inbound leads by conducting calls, demos and other communications during the free trial until the start of their subscription
• Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market via outbound prospecting
• Build trusting relationships with new farmers to build long-term success using Tend
• Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects using proactive techniques to make the most out of their free trial and teach Tend’s tools
• Identifying specific farmer’s needs by asking compelling questions and acting as a product specialist to curate calls in a unique and personalized way
• Organizing and reporting on all customer conversations to represent the customer’s voice in order to improve the product based on customer feedback and “solve for the customer”
• Collaborating with Director and Stakeholders, identify best practices to develop and refine the company’s Sales strategy
• Collaborating with marketing efforts to identify market segmentation, targeting and positioning for Tend’s products
• Working closely with CS to identify overlap and help pick up work with new leads
• Enhance/collaborate on Customer Relationship Management processes & technologies
• Report to manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results & meet growth goals
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Tend provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Tend strives to support the regenerative food system. At Tend, we are guided by a set of values that shapes the way we build software tools.
We believe that food should be grown with integrity, respect for the environment, and consideration for those who are growing and eating it.
We’re working hard to support a community of growers, sellers, and consumers to increase access to healthy, sustainable, and high quality food.
We believe in farming methods that work with nature to support local, healthy and small-scale agro-ecosystems, and we see sustainable/diversified farming as the way of the future.
We believe in the power of well-designed, easy-to-use, and data-driven software to empower individuals and communities to do great things.
Please see Job Description
click here to apply: https://tend.applytojob.com/apply/9UleXav1pA/Tend-Sales-Development-Repr...