Tend is the first software platform of its kind with powerful tools for managing a small scale diversified farm. Tend utilizes advanced data analytics and a cloud-based platform to enable farmers to crop plan, keep records, manage daily operations, managing sales, and bring their farm business online. Read more about us at www.tend.com.
About the role
As Tend’s Sales Development Representative, you will be working to develop new customer relationships with thousands of small-scale farmers across the globe, playing a pivotal role in changing our food system for the better. Your success will expand Tend’s global reach- helping thousands of farmers successfully run diversified, sustainable operations- while simultaneously growing your sales career at an innovative, rapidly growing company in the ag-tech space. We have a great product, an impressive following of loyal customers and we are now looking to rapidly scale the business. You’ll be on the ground level of shaping successful sales initiatives, developing our sales strategies, and establishing partners in markets around the world. We are looking for someone who exudes enthusiasm for our product and is passionate about sustainable, diversified food systems and our mission to improve the lives of small-scale farmers. As a Sales Representative joining our team, you'll have a direct impact on the growth of Tend by managing our inbound leads and identifying potential sales qualified opportunities with an emphasis on driving outbound activities.In addition, you will refine our sales prospecting techniques. You will be seeing these customers through the whole sales process, so you will become very familiar with the customer life-cycle.
Sales Development Representative
Depending on your experience, compensation can range 55k-100k annual salary per year. As we grow, compensation can grow.
Remote | Tend | Full time
Who you are
• Experience: At least 3 years in a similar role with comparable goals and responsibilities (farming and/or agricultural related background, strongly preferred)
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
• Skills: B2B sales experience or software sales experience with a track record of generating your own pipeline. Excellent communication skills (listening, written, and verbal), as well as strong interpersonal skills. Experience using CRM sales tools to manage a pipeline. Prior experience as a sales development rep with a track record of achieving sales quotes. Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills.
• Characteristics: This is an autonomous position, so you should be self-sufficient, self-motivated, and self-initiated. You are an empathetic, genuine, and curious person. You are a leader who demonstrates flexibility, resilience to setbacks and can drive the long-term vision to maintain course within a constantly changing environment. You are goal-oriented and driven, demonstrating independence in action and decision making. You have good interpersonal communication, problem-solving and influencing skills. You actively use creativity and innovation to overcome roadblocks. You possess a hunger for personal development and are coachable.
What you will do
As a Sales Development Representative, you’ll meet the initiative’s strategic needs on your own, experimenting, learning, and adjusting as you go. Along your journey to grow our brand’s audience and reach, you’ll be responsible for:
• Representing Tend’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding & leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
• Pursuing inbound leads by conducting calls, demos and other communications during the free trial until the start of their subscription
• Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market via outbound prospecting
• Build trusting relationships with new farmers to build long-term success using Tend
• Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects using proactive techniques to make the most out of their free trial and teach Tend’s tools
• Identifying specific farmer’s needs by asking compelling questions and acting as a product specialist to curate calls in a unique and personalized way
• Organizing and reporting on all customer conversations to represent the customer’s voice in order to improve the product based on customer feedback and “solve for the customer”
• Collaborating with Director and Stakeholders, identify best practices to develop and refine the company’s Sales strategy
• Collaborating with marketing efforts to identify market segmentation, targeting and positioning for Tend’s products
• Working closely with CS to identify overlap and help pick up work with new leads
• Enhance/collaborate on Customer Relationship Management processes & technologies
• Report to manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results & meet growth goals
Tend is an equal opportunity employer
Tend is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals.
Please see the job description.
Please see the job description.
To apply, please go to the following link: https://grnh.se/010e8bff5us