Landscape manager on the botanical side of a farm residence as well as private residences, Salt Lake City, northern and southern Utah
Typical week would be:
• Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00.
• There will be one weekend a month as well as travel to Garden City and Ivins Utah.
Applicant must have the ability to:
• Follow directions and comply with all BMP (Best Management Practices) or ask further questions.
• Be a proactive self-starter and work without close supervision.
• Use a shovel, rake, cultivator, power washer, electric blower plus other typical landscaping tools.
• Water plants by hand as well as a strong knowledge of all forms of irrigation. Rainbird irrigation knowledge is a plus.
• Computer program knowledge, QuickBooks, Excel, Google Docs, Word.
• Must have a current, valid driver’s license. Ability to drive 5 hours in a day.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• This position requires typical physical demands for landscape labor, such as walking, standing, reaching, stooping, squatting on uneven surfaces, lifting 50 lbs.
• Work indoors and outdoors in cold, hot, and/or wet conditions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor all irrigation systems for leaks, poor water usage and other maintenance needs.
• Weeding, weeding, weeding.
• Maintaining, replanting, starting plants to keep all pots and landscape areas looking fresh and healthy.
• Maintaining all parts of outside spaces to keep them in working, clean and enjoyable order. Pool, furniture, pots, grill, etc
• Maintain all landscaping related equipment.
• Occasional care of two cats.
• Taking stewardship of the land, plants and environment by making a commitment to the
sustainability and well-being of the land and the people involved.
Health and Safety:
• Accepting responsibility and personal ownership for actions, results and risks.
• Must be current on all vaccinations, willing to follow all UDAF, UDOH, CDC, and OSHA regulations
• 2 or more years’ experience with landscape hard and softscape maintenance.
• General knowledgeable on soil science, plant nutrient needs, weed/pest management, planting procedures, transplanting, seeding, and irrigation management.
• Proficiency with a variety of landscape equipment, machinery and hand tools.
Please send a cover letter outlining all aspects of applicable experience along with resume. Must have all vaccinations current.
Send requested information to: firstname.lastname@example.org