We are seeking an enthusiastic, thoughtful and hard working person to join the crew on our family farm. Open Field Farm is a diversified biodynamic farm, raising mixed vegetables and flowers, herbs, corn, grain, grass fed beef, lamb, and laying hens for our 100-member CSA program in Petaluma, California. We cultivate 8 acres in annual vegetable production, plus 2 high tunnels, and grow more than 150 varieties of crops year round.
• Monday March 9th-Friday December 4th
• Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
• 1 hour unpaid lunch: noon to 1 pm
• Monthly weekend chores in a rotation with other crew
• A full CSA membership, including vegetables, grain, beef, and eggs
• Housing offered with no additional rent or utility payments; flat fee for internet
Work will be in the fields and hoop houses, assisting with the production of market vegetables. It will include but not be limited to: Seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigating, and harvesting of a wide variety of vegetables and flowers.
• Introduction to tractor safety and a possibility for some tractor work.
• Maintenance of the grounds, including perennial gardens and the barnyard areas.
Enthusiastic about farm work, ability to problem solve and enjoys being part of a team.
• Previous agricultural experience required, including at least one year of tractor work
• Good physical condition for extended amounts of outdoor labor in all seasons and all weather (able to bend, sit, squat, rake, shovel, lift 50 lbs, and carry).
• Must be reliable and timely.
• Able to operate tools and mechanical equipment safely.
Please send us your resume and cover letter explaining what brought you to agriculture and what interests you about working at Open Field Farm.