We are seeking an enthusiastic, thoughtful and hard working person to join the crew on our family farm. Open Field Farm is a diversified biodynamic farm, raising mixed vegetables, flowers, herbs, corn, grain and grass fed beef, lamb and laying hens for our 100-member CSA program in Petaluma, California. We cultivate 6 acres in vegetable production and grow more than 150 varieties of crops year round.
• Work will be in the fields and hoop houses, assisting with the production of market vegetables. It
will include but not be limited to: seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigating, and harvesting of a
wide variety of vegetables and flowers.
• Introduction to tractor safety and a possibility for some tractor work.
• Maintenance of the grounds, including perennial gardens and the barnyard areas.
• Enthusiastic about farm work, ability to problem solve and enjoys being part of a team.
• Previous agricultural experience required.
• Good physical condition for extended amounts of outdoor labor in all seasons and all weather
(able to bend, sit, squat, rake, shovel, and lift 50 lbs).
• Must be reliable and timely
• Good communication skills and ability to listen and collaborate.
• Able to follow instructions and work efficiently.
• Able to operate tools and mechanical equipment safely.
Please send us your resume and cover letter explaining what brought you to agriculture and what
interests you about working at Open Field Farm.