The Green Earth Institute CSA is committed to training the next generation of farmers and leaders in sustainable agriculture. We believe that the only way to really learn how to manage a farm is by helping to manage a farm. Our internship is designed to give candidates a hands-on experience working in all facets of running a farm whether it’s weeding a bed of carrots, driving a tractor, watering a greenhouse, or managing a harvest. Farming requires lots of different skills and know-how that would be impossible to learn from books and workshops alone. Our internship provides a full-season opportunity on a working farm to explore the possibilities of a career in farming.
• Bring a spirit of dedication and enthusiasm to the job
• Be on time, ready to work with appropriate attire
• Be in good physical condition
• Be ready to work outside in all kinds of weather (and be dressed accordingly)
• Be willing to commit to working on the farm for a full season
• Take full advantage of a working and learning experience on the farm! Make observations, ask questions, take notes, enjoy the subtle changes in the seasons, have fun working with the crew, eat a lot of fresh produce, and sleep well knowing you put in an honest days’ work!
Interested In Applying? Please send an updated resume and a letter of interest to the Farm Manager – Duncan Simonson at email@example.com . Please include references (at least 2 professional and one personal preferred). Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Please contact us with any questions!