Enterprise Vineyards was established in 1979 by Phil Coturri, a lifelong farmer and Sonoma Valley's leading organic viticulturist, with over 600 acres of vines under his supervision.
Our Viticulture Team is looking for highly motivated seasonal vit intern (starting as early as April 1st) to join us during the growing season and harvest (duration is flexible). This is a great position for anyone wanting to learn the intricacies of organic farming and premium grape growing in Sonoma and Napa. You would be joining a small and tight-knit team of passionate, hardworking and eclectic people who are eager to share their knowledge and experience.
The seasonal vit intern will work directly with the Viticulture Team to carry out vineyard sampling, pest and disease monitoring, water status measurements, irrigation work, general vineyard observations, and viticulture database management. The position is full time Monday through Friday (7AM-3:30PM) and overtime is common throughout the season.
Recording phenological stages and general observations
- Collecting leaf petiole samples for nutrient analysis
- Visual assessment of vineyards for symptoms of disease and water stress
- Surveying for pests and diseases
- Pressure bomb readings
- Management of Grape Mealybug and Vine Mealybug trapping programs
- Release of beneficial insects
- Crop estimation, including cluster counts and weights
- Maturity sampling and testing juice samples for pH and Brix
- Creating and maintaining viticulture records and databases
- Backpack spraying olive trees/orchards
- Harvest Help: bin leaf and cluster sorting, picking grapes
- Occasional fieldwork
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous fieldwork experience is highly regarded
- Knowledge of vineyard pests and diseases is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, team spirit and a love of the outdoors are the main qualities we are looking for in our interns – we adore our job, have fun while doing it and are looking for like-minded people.
- Must be detail-oriented and comfortable doing a certain amount of menial/repetitive work
- Must be physically able and willing to walk for extended periods of time in difficult conditions (rocky/uphill terrain, heat, mud, etc.) and be prepared to handle the basic elements of nature (e.g. insects, dirt and dust, snakes, etc.).
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently for extended periods of time while remaining on task
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver license, clean driving record and be eligible to work in the U.S.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.