rTerra has a farm management/caretaker position opening for a couple with professional experience.
The Farm Manager will design and implement innovative systems for applying regenerative practices to annual vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers, and fungi. They will be responsible for the care for all integrative systems of gardens, orchards, vineyard and future animals and will help develop and implement a long-term regenerative plan for the entire property.
The property manager will oversee the daily operations of the property. This role will collaborate with the farm manager to implement the strategic plan for the general infrastructure of the property, facilities, landscaping, orchard, vineyard, and organic farm. This includes maintenance of existing structures and property as well as future development. Previous experience preferred along with skills/knowledge in trades and agriculture.
This is a live-in position that includes a caretaker’s apartment, amenities & utilities provided. Salary is negotiable based on skill & experience.
- Oversee daily operations, including:
- employee oversight and admin
- grounds and landscaping
- communication with outside contractors and vendors
- Oversee facilities maintenance, including:
- Main residence
- Carriage house
- 2 barns
- Pool House
- Tennis Court
- Equipment shed
- Property security system
- Irrigation systems
- developing and working within a budget including documentation of projects in collaboration with rTerra ownership
- Supervise and direct the work of farm staff
- Manages all farming activities.
- Includes managing all components associated with the
- Diverse orchard activity
- Medicinal herb garden
- Market garden
- Crop planning and farm record-keeping using Google Sheets
- Maintain a daily work log to plan and record details of fieldwork accomplished, including a monthly report for the owners
- Develop a crop plan consistent with organic standards and transitioning to a more regenerative approach to achieve harvest goals
- Maintain an inventory of seeds and other supplies
- Participate in staff meetings and periodic strategic planning activities
- grounds/farm crew (x5)
- rTerra ownership
- Preferred undergraduate and graduate experience in agroecology and/or agronomy
- 4 - 5 years of relevant farm work with at least 2 of those years in farm management
- strong production farming skills (organic and regenerative/restorative practices)
- Working knowledge of Asana, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Calendar and Slack
- Knowledge of the use and service requirements of tractors, plows, discs, cultivators, and other farm equipment and implements
- solid background in plant ecosystems that are suited for the Northwestern US
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Driver’s license
- General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, irrigation, landscaping
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Comfortable working at heights/ladders
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials
- English/Spanish preferred
- Candidates must pass an extensive background check
- Professional references will be called
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit to: email@example.com