The Farm Manager is responsible for the following:
· Ability to cultivate and grow fruit, vegetables and flowers
· Knowledge of organic growing principles and practices
· Ability to tend to a variety of farm animals
· Understanding of costing and budgeting
· Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment
· General property maintenance, including, but not limited to brush clearing, irrigation, etc.
· Project management of various farm projects and plant cycles
· Plan a seasonal and detailed planting calendar of all crops grown for spring, summer, fall and overwintering based on market availability and restaurant, grocer and consumer demand
· Create and implement systems to streamline and clean up previous overordering of unused crops
· Maintain detailed account of seeds purchased (Whenever new seeds are needed 1x, 2x, a month unless in planning season), seeds quality, expected harvest date and actual yield seed numbers going to and coming back from the nursery, expected return dates and seedling numbers (Monthly)
· Oversee pest management
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bilingual / Spanish-speaking preferred, but not required
FLSA Status: Exempt
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please send a resume and 2 - 3 days / times to speak.