Posted: Feb. 1st, 2022
About the Ecological Farming Association (EcoFarm): The Ecological Farming Association is a 40 year old non-profit educational organization. EcoFarm's mission is to advance just and ecological farming and food systems by bringing people together for education, alliance building, advocacy, and celebration. Our programs bring together a diversity of stakeholders in California food production to promote grassroots leadership and regional solutions to decrease the negative impacts of industrial agriculture on environmental and community health. EcoFarm operates the largest sustainable agriculture conference west of the Mississippi every January.
Location: This position is based at the Ecological Farming Association office in Soquel, a few miles south of Santa Cruz, CA. The office is accessible by bus, car and bike. Some work may be conducted remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. No travel is required except for providing on-site administrative and logistical support at the EcoFarm Conference in late January in Pacific Grove, CA.
Responsibilities: The EcoFarm Administrative Coordinator is the primary staff person responsible for keeping the office running efficiently on a daily basis. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-starting, and adept at providing high level customer service while managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines. They work professionally in a fast paced environment. Experience using databases, maintaining the office filing/record keeping system and certain bookkeeping duties are key components to this position. We seek a highly motivated individual with proficient skills to maintain efficient systems and procedures and provide operational support as needed.
- Support staff, programs, and special projects including logistical support and planning of the annual EcoFarm Conference
- Support sponsorship team leader with invoicing, tracking, and managing sponsor fiscal details
- Establish and maintain office procedures and records
- Manage database and filing systems
- Take phone calls, messages and manage phone systems
- Monitor multiple email accounts; follow up on inquiries
- Maintain office equipment and supplies
- Retrieve, sort and distribute mail
- Handle large meeting logistics, coordinate monthly staff meetings
- Support the executive director as needed
- Manage accounts receivable and payable
- Prepare and process invoices
- Review employee timesheets for completeness
- Process biweekly payroll
- Prepare and process bank deposits
- Manage online merchant accounts
- Maintain Filing
- Provide requested information to bookkeeping contractor
Previous bookkeeping experience, ideally in a non-profit organization
Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
Attention to detail and problem solving skills
Proficiency with MAC OS, QuickBooks, MS Office, Google Docs/Spreadsheets, Gmail, Zoom, and Calendars
CiviCRM or other customer relationship management database (CRM) a plus
Spanish fluency (professional proficiency preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Ecological Farming Association is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ persons, and differently abled persons to apply. EcoFarm is committed to:
- Examining and changing our policies and practices to break down institutionalized white supremacy in our organizational practices, culture, and programs;
- Creating space and building capacity for learning and dialogue about racism and racial justice in agriculture and the food system among our community;
- Amplifying the voices of our black, indigenous and people of color allies in the food system.
Start Date: March-April 2022
Compensation: $23-$24/hour. 30-40 hours/week. Position is eligible for vacation, holidays, sick pay, health care and dental insurance coverage.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, starting February 7, 2022. In the subject line, write
“ <YOUR LAST NAME> Administrative Coordinator”