Office Administrator Opening
Start Date: Immediate. Compensation: $20/hour. 20-25 hours, 4-5 days a week, increasing to full time during January for EcoFarm Conference Production. Position is eligible for benefits including vacation and some medical.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: The job is based at the Ecological Farming Association office, located at the Park Avenue exit off Highway 1, in Soquel, a few miles south of Santa Cruz, CA, close to the freeway and bus line. This position is office based.
Office Administrator Responsibilities:
The EcoFarm Office Administrator is the primary staff person responsible for keeping the office running efficiently on a daily basis. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-starting, and adept at providing high level customer service while managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines. He/she works professionally within a fast paced environment. Experience using databases, maintaining the office filing/record keeping system and certain bookkeeping duties are key components to this position. We seek a highly motivated individual with proficient skills to maintain efficient systems and procedures and provide operational support as needed.
This position requires providing onsite administrative and production logistical support at the EcoFarm Conference that is held January 23-26, 2019 in Pacific Grove, CA.
● Support the executive director and his/her work with the board of directors
● Support staff, programs, and special projects including logistical production support and planning of the annual EcoFarm Conference
● Support sponsorship team leader with prospecting, solicitation, tracking, and managing sponsor relationships
● Establish and maintain office procedures and records
● Manage database and filing systems
● Take phone calls, message, greet visitors
● Monitor multiple email accounts; follow up on inquiries
● Maintain office equipment and supplies
● Retrieve, sort and distribute mail
● Manage EcoFarm’s online job posting service
● Handle large meeting logistics, coordinate monthly staff meetings
● Manage accounts receivables and accounts payables
● Prepare and process invoices with Executive Director’s oversight ● Review employee timesheets for completeness
● Process biweekly payroll (every two weeks)
● Prepare and process bank deposits
● Manage online merchant accounts
● Maintain Filing
● Proficiency with MAC OS or equivalent OS
● QuickBooks, Excel, Word
● Google Docs/Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Calendars
● CiviCRM or other customer relationship management database (CRM)
EOE: The Ecological Farming Association is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Program Internship Opening
EcoFarm is offering an opportunity for a Program Intern to assist in the planning and organizing of the 39th annual Ecological Farming Conference, January 23 - 26, 2019. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple projects at once and to meet high standards of accuracy and timeliness. EcoFarm Conference is the oldest and largest agricultural event in the West, and this position will have a hand the conference planning and take leadership on aspects of the conference production. EcoFarm is dedicated to providing the Program Intern with the support and oversight necessary to make the internship a valuable opportunity to acquire experience and training.
This is not a paid position. Hours are flexible, but preference will be given to someone who can commit to 10-18 hours per week.
- Work with EcoFarm staff to plan, promote, and administer the EcoFarm Conference programs including:
- Assisting in coordination of the EcoFarm Scholarship Program.
- Supporting the Program Coordinator in organizing speakers, workshops, and events.
- Working with the Communications team in editing documents for online and print media.
- Helping EcoFarm staff in management of all necessary details of the conference production schedule.
- Self-starter with demonstrated follow-through.
- Detail-oriented, especially with multiple streams of data.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to take direction from multiple staff members.
- Produce high quality work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with CiviCRM, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Google Drive and other applications.
- Mac computer experience.
- Database experience and IT knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Attend and assist staff at the 39th annual EcoFarm Conference, from January 23 - 26, 2018 at the Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove, CA.
- Have an interest in and commitment to EcoFarm’s mission in ecological agriculture.
This position reports to the Program Manager, works with all members of the EcoFarm team as needed, and is supervised by the Executive Director. To apply for this position please send a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ecological Farming Association (EcoFarm) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.